[R-SIG-Mac] Unable to do a CLEAN reinstall of R 2.6.2

Brendan Casey brendantcasey at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 01:05:59 CEST 2008

Hello,

I had problems with rcmdr and tcl/tk before but straightened them
out.  this time, I am really stuck.

I was having alot of issues with Rgrphviz so I fiured I would just
start over.  I uninstalled all the R folder, libraries, frameworks,
and packages.  I then downloaded the latest (2008-02-08) version of R
2.6.2 for my Mac OSX (10.4.11)  I also have X11 installed (1.1.3) and
was able to run some sort of X11 update from apple.  I also tried
xcode tools download from apple, but it didnt give me an option to
install X11 again.

When I install R from the disk image, it says that there was an error
with the installation.  When i try to install the tcl/tk package
alone, it also says error with the installation.  It seems like its
installing R and Rgui, but nothing else.

After starting R (gui) I installed rcmdr and the dependencies.  I
then started X11 and tried to load rcmdr.  Here is what I got:

   Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories:
     @TCL_IN_FRAMEWORK@ @TCL_IN_FRAMEWORK@

This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.

In addition: Warning messages:
1: In library() :
   library ‘/Users/brendancasey/Library/R/2.6/library’ contains no
packages
2: In library() :
   library ‘/Users/brendancasey/Library/R/2.6/library’ contains no
packages
Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'tcltk'
Error: package 'tcltk' could not be loaded
I dont mind uninstalling more folders and starting from scratch (X11,
R, Rgui, etc), but I am not prepared to reinstall my OS if that is
what it will take.

Can someone please help me with this?

Brendan Casey
bcasey1 at  hotmail  dot  com