[R-SIG-Mac] First time installation problem

William Revelle lists at revelle.net
Tue Sep 18 01:32:54 CEST 2007

At 2:45 PM -0700 9/17/07, Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:
>The binaries from CRAN only works with OSX 10.4.4 and higher (as it
>"clearly" says on the download page). You will probably need to
>compile from source.
>
>Kasper

Jeff,
   Go to http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/old/
and scroll down to the powerpc/R-2-2.1.dmg    This is a binary that
will work on 10.3.9

The newer releases of R and the R-GUI that are precompiled require 10.4.4
As Kasper says, if you want a newer release you will need to compile
from source, but the older version will work "right out of the box."

Bill