[R-SIG-Mac] Bug? in R 2.6.0 with quartz.save()

Steven McKinney smckinney at bccrc.ca
Tue Oct 23 20:54:56 CEST 2007

Unfortunately email mangling can leave this command in a state
not conducive to cut-and-paste

> local({e<-attach(NULL,name="tools:RGUI"); assign
+ ("quartz.save",function(file, type="png", device=dev.cur(), ...)
Error: syntax error
> invisible(.Call("QuartzSaveContents",device,file,type,list(...))),e)})
Error: syntax error

I hope this version is a little more robust
to email mangling.

local({e <- attach(NULL, name = "tools:RGUI");
       assign("quartz.save",
              function(file, type = "png",
                       device = dev.cur(), ...){
                invisible(.Call("QuartzSaveContents",
                                device, file, type,
                                list(...)))}, e)})

Tested in R.app
R 2.6.0 GUI 1.21 (4815) (4815)
on Mac OS X 10.4.10

> quartz()
> plot(0,0)
> quartz.save("foo.pdf")

Thanks for the patch and the great ongoing
development and support for the Mac platform.

Best
Steven McKinney

Statistician
Molecular Oncology and Breast Cancer Program
British Columbia Cancer Research Centre

email: smckinney +at+ bccrc +dot+ ca