[R-SIG-Mac] Bug? in R 2.6.0 with quartz.save()

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Oct 23 15:40:50 CEST 2007

On Oct 17, 2007, at 1:58 AM, Todd A. Johnson wrote:

> After upgrading to R 2.6.0, I tried saving the Quartz window to a
> file from
> R.app using quartz.save() as mentioned in the R for Mac FAQ, but
> received
> the error message:
> Error: could not find function "quartz.save"

Indeed, a bug was introduced when removing some of the legacy fixes
that were part of the tools:RGUI environment, thanks for the report.
This should be now fixed in the SVN, so please try tomorrow's nightly
build of the GUI.

A hot fix in the meantime is to paste this in the GUI:

local({e<-attach(NULL,name="tools:RGUI"); assign
("quartz.save",function(file, type="png", device=dev.cur(), ...)