[R-SIG-Mac] "-fno-automatic" unrecognized by new gfortran

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Nov 28 21:50:03 CET 2007

Adam,

unfortunately gfortran invokes cc1 for your code (I'm not sure why),
which comes from the "official" tools that don't support Fortran. For
your particular setup this should be easily fixable by using cc1 from
the build that included Fortran support:
http://r.research.att.com/cc1-gcc42fort5531-darwin9.tar.gz
but in general this poses a problem, because Apple's version of cc1
doesn't know about the Fortran front-end (and I don't feel like
messing with their binaries). Given that I'm using Apple's sources, it
should be fine for now, but you never know.

Thanks for raising the issue.
Simon