[R-SIG-Mac] R-GUI after Mac crashes after 2 image plots.

Richard Friedman friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
Thu Nov 8 19:30:56 CET 2007

Dear R-on-Mac Community,

	I am using R2.6.0 with Bioconductor and I am finding that the RGui
crashes after 2 image plots.
On the other hand if I use R from X11 it doesn't crash however many
images I run.
Also the images form much faster in the X-terminal than in the R-GUI
window.
I would like to have the  use of the GUI for pasting into the window,
saving txt sessions etc.

Here is a record of the session:
##################################
 > Data<-ReadAffy()
 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.6.0 (2007-10-03)
i386-apple-darwin8.10.1

locale:
en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages:
[1] tools     stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets
methods   base

other attached packages:
[1] affy_1.16.0          preprocessCore_1.0.0 affyio_1.6.1
[4] Biobase_1.16.1

[1] simpleaffy_2.14.05
 > image(Data[,1])
#produced image which I closed
 > image(Data[,2])
#produced image, which I closed
 > image(Data[,3])

# R disappears and I get an error message that states

The application R quit unexpectedly
some effort, he referred me to this list with the advice:

"If you pursue it there, the best case you can make for a bug in the
GUI is when (a) no other files (.Rprofile, .Rhistory, etc) are loaded,
(b) you load the data into a saved session, so no C-level code is
being called before the image is displayed, and (c) there are no
problems with console-based R --vanilla."

Anyway I would appreciate any advice anyone on this list can give
me with this problem and will run any tests suggested.

THANKS!
Rich

Richard A. Friedman, PhD
Biomedical Informatics Shared Resource
Lecturer
Department of Biomedical Informatics
Educational Coordinator
Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
National Center for Multiscale Analysis of Genomic Networks
Box 95, Room 130BB or P&S 1-420C
Columbia University Medical Center
630 W. 168th St.
New York, NY 10032
(212)305-6901 (5-6901) (voice)
friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
http://cancercenter.columbia.edu/~friedman/

"The last 250 pages of the last Harry Potter
book took place in one day because alot
happened in that day. All of Ulysses takes
place in one day and nothing happened in that day."
-Rose Friedman, age 11