[R-SIG-Mac] rgraphviz on intel mac

Thu Nov 1 18:55:56 CET 2007

Hi All

I am helping organize a course where we will use Rgraphviz. One of
our future participants are using an Intel Macbook and has trouble
installing Rgraphviz. Clearly my possibilities for probing around are
rather limited since the course has not started, but this is what he
reports doing:

1) Install Graphviz 2.12 from Simon's binary
2) Install the binary build of Rgraphviz from the most recent version
of Bioconductor. This is version 1.16.0

He gets the following error

> Error in dyn.load(file, ...) :
>   unable to load shared library '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/
> Versions/2.6/Resources/library/Rgraphviz/libs/i386/Rgraphviz.so':
> dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.6/Resources/
> library/Rgraphviz/libs/i386/Rgraphviz.so, 6): Library not loaded: /
> usr/lib/libltdl.3.dylib
>   Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libgvc.3.dylib
>   Reason: image not found
> Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'Rgraphviz'

So it seems that something is broken, at least for an out of the box
installation.

Just checking if anyone knows anything

Kasper