[R-SIG-Mac] Using Makefile in my package

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed May 16 19:42:38 CEST 2007

Statmobile,

you should consider using Makevars instead, because creating a
Makefile highly increases the risk of your package breaking on
various systems. In addition, changes in R will likely break your
Makefile if you rely on some internals of R. That is precisely why it
is strongly recommended to use Makevars.

Also you didn't send us your Makefile, so we cannot tell you what you
did wrong in your setup.