[R-SIG-Mac] Mac GUI development

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue May 15 20:01:43 CEST 2007

Hans,

On May 15, 2007, at 1:20 PM, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:

> On 15.05.2007, at 18:12, Simon Urbanek wrote:
>> On May 15, 2007, at 3:24 AM, Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:
>>> Is there a special mailing list for Mac-GUI developers?
>>
>> It depends on your definition of 'special' - is R-SIG-Mac special
>> enough? ;) If so then the answer is yes, otherwise no.
>
> I meant with 'special' whether there is a list discussing
> enhancements of the Mac-GUI source code.
> Or in other words, can I post source code snippets or changes to
> this list in order to discuss about it?

Good question. In general the answer is yes, unless you have really
extensive changes. This list is a good place for such discussions.

> The point is that I'm very interested to contribute my humble stuff
> to that project. Or would it better to send it to you, Simon,
> directly (which I already did ;) )?

If you have multiple patches and/or want to discuss technicalities,
yes, feel free to send them directly to me. But please, test them first.

> I only want to avoid to post things in that list which maybe bother
> many readers because it is Cocoa-Object-C stuff not R stuff.

This list is about R for Mac, so that does include Cocoa ;)

BTW: I have added a page to the wiki that we can use to keep track of
discussed issues:

http://wiki.r-project.org/rwiki/doku.php?id=misc:wishlist-mac