[R-SIG-Mac] quartz.save and tilde

Chabot Denis chabotd at globetrotter.net
Tue May 1 22:04:27 CEST 2007

Hi,

Until now, I've been able to use the tilde to replace "/Users/
chabotd" in all my R scripts, be it directly or with the use of "paste".

I am experimenting with quartz.save to produce png files to save the
step of producing pdf and transforming them into png later. I need
png to reduce file size for a series plots with thousands of points,
even though I prefer vector drawings for most situations.

I have not been able to find any documentation on quartz.save, but if
I include the tilde in the file name, something that works with pdf
or png devices, it does not work (for me) with quartz.save. I need to
give the unabridged path.

Is there a reason for this?

Also, what are the options in quartz.save? I've only managed to use
file="path and file"  and type="png" or type="pdf". I've tried to
control resolution (res=300) but it had no effect, so for now I
change the size of the quartz graphics when I call quartz (which
forces me to change pointsize as well to keep proportions of text
relative to drawing size the same.

Thanks in advance,

Denis