[R-SIG-Mac] Feedback to Apple?

Joerg van den Hoff j.van_den_hoff at fzd.de
Wed Mar 21 18:14:05 CET 2007

as I said, the current state of X11 seems OK to me. it's in the bits and pieces
were some things could need a caring hand and generally, my mail was more a
pledge to keep X11 support in focus in the future. specifically, I mentioned
the 'sync' between utility/command and manpage and partly even missing manpage
(no example at hand, I only notice them by and then when really searching for
something).

more generally, I'm also concerned with command line support in such a way
that HFS+ specifics are handled gracefully in all cases.

another example is behaviour of `.Xauthority': completely unreproducible
but with finite probability (say every two weeks) my G5 comes up from sleep
and the X11 server refuses access so I can't open a new xterm, say. only copying
over the old state of .Xauthority from the evening before (which I have
started to copy via a script prior to sleep) reestablishes the access.
I'm not sure, if this is a specific mac problem, but it looks that way.

regards,

joerg