[R-SIG-Mac] Feedback to Apple?

Dan Putler putler at sauder.ubc.ca
Wed Mar 21 15:55:06 CET 2007

Hi,

Let me second Joerg van den Hoff's call for better X11 support. I'm
using R via a modified version of the R Commander GUI (that uses the
tcltk package, which requires X11 on the OS X platform) in a couple
of different classes. One thing that I found frustrating is that
Apple seems to be going to greater lengths overtime to hide the
X11user.pkg. This makes installing R on OS X seem really complicated
to students. The installation of the course software is comparatively
much more straightforward on the Windows side, leaving the
unfortunate impression that Windows is more suited to statistical
computing.

Dan