[R-SIG-Mac] R cannot find gsl

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Jun 7 15:56:27 CEST 2007

Ken,

you may want to ask the package maintainer about that sort of
questions. AFAICS the package works only if GNU Sci Lib is installed
as a system library. The configure in the gsl package is just a fake,
really, because it tests LIBS but doesn't modify Makevars
accordingly, so it's useless (it tests the wrong thing with the wrong
compiler). You can as well remove it and edit Makevars to match your
configuration (you may have to add PKG_CPPFLAGS as well).