[R-SIG-Mac] R crash

Ryan Elmore elmore at stat.colostate.edu
Tue Jan 16 21:17:41 CET 2007

Thanks, Simon.  I'm sorry in advance if I don't have the exact
information to your questions below, but I will try my best to answer.

>> I just build R 2.4.1 from scratch on a mac mini with a 1.83 GHz
>> Intel Core Duo.  I am pretty confident that I did everything
>> listed on Simon's wiki page,
>
> Please tell us
> - which compilers are you using

I would assume I am using gcc version 4.0.3.  I'm installed it and it
is set up in my path to look in that directory before looking in
others.  If I type gcc --version from a terminal window, it shows:
tjuta:~ elmore$ gcc --version
i686-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.3 (GCC) 4.0.3
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There
is NO
PURPOSE.

> - how did you configure R

I used the command:
tjuta:~ elmore$ sudo ./configure --with-aqua --with-blas='-framework
vecLib' --with-lapack F77=gfortran R_PAPERSIZE='letter'

> - how did you compile R.app

I didn't compile R.app...I just downloaded the binary from the
website and copied the file into my applications folder.  Should I
try compiling first?

> Also in case this is a crash, we will need the full crash report
> and full error output (not just "for example")

Should I reproduce this "crash" and submit a report?

Again, thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Ryan