[R-SIG-Mac] about reshape 0.7.1 release

Ricardo Rodríguez - Your XEN ICT Team webmaster at xen.net
Thu Jan 4 00:34:07 CET 2007

Just my two cents to a possible answer...

http://cran.es.r-project.org/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/2.4/reshape_0.7.1.tgz

By browsing the directory contents, I've realised that 2.4 holds a 0.7.1 release. Is it correct that 2.3 holds a 0.7 one? Sorry for not seeing that before. I'm right now updating my Mac OS X installation. Thanks.

Cheers,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
Your XEN ICT Team

>>> Ricardo Rodríguez - Your XEN ICT Team<webmaster at xen.net> 4/1/2007 00:17 >>>

Simon, colleagues,

I've installed Hadley Wickham's reshape 0.7.1 package in a Windows XP box from http://cran.es.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.4/reshape_0.7.1.zip.

WindowsXP installation version
platform       i386-pc-mingw32
arch           i386
os             mingw32
system         i386, mingw32
status
major          2
minor          4.0
year           2006
month          10
day            03
svn rev        39566
language       R
version.string R version 2.4.0 (2006-10-03)

Then, I've installed it in a OS X 10.4.8 MacBook from http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/i386/contrib/2.3/reshape_0.7.tgz and http://r.research.att.com/bin/macosx/i386/contrib/2.3/reshape_0.7.tgz

Mac OS X installation version
platform       i386-apple-darwin8.6.1
arch           i386
os             darwin8.6.1
system         i386, darwin8.6.1
status
major          2
minor          3.1
year           2006
month          06
day            01
svn rev        38247
language       R
version.string Version 2.3.1 (2006-06-01)

Windows XP release reports reshape 0.7.1, but Mac OS X report 0.7. It seems both versions are a bit different. I've detected at least one diference: Mac OS X reshape cast function has not fill argument available.

Please, is there anything wrong with the Mac OS X release?

Thank you for your help,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez