[R-SIG-Mac] Error in gfortran packaged with R binaries

Bill Northcott w.northcott at unsw.edu.au
Wed Feb 14 23:05:12 CET 2007

On 14/02/2007, at 8:19 PM, stefano iacus wrote:
> it seems to me that Simon discourage to use fortran from (old) R
> binary and, indeed 2.4.1 boundle does not contain fortran compiler
> as far as I remember (I cannot check right now).

It is still there in the binary I pulled off CRAN yesterday.

> Also, gfortran from hpc.sourge* is the way to go.

Is that what is used to build the CRAN binary?  If I use the hpc
compiler, how do I get a ppc64 or x86_64 build?

> Simon is actually in NZ so maybe we need some time to get some answer.

I am just recovering from my own trip to NZ over Christmas - great
fun, but I needed surgery for the knee damage after tramping the
Routeburn.

Cheers
Bill