[R-SIG-Mac] atlas-lib-i686.tar.gz

Bill Northcott w.northcott at unsw.edu.au
Wed Feb 7 23:40:01 CET 2007

On 07/02/2007, Tony Chiang wrote:
> I am trying to build R-devel from source, and have been reading the
> literature from the site http://r.research.att.com/ which states
> that the
> ptATLAS libraries might be needed. I have tried to download the
> libraries
> from the link on the site, but it is a dead link. Can anyone point
> me to
> where I might be able to obtain these libraries? I have a new Intel
> Mac, and
> I have not built R on it before.

For a few months after the first release of Intel Macs the Accelerate
framework containing BLAS/LAPACK was not optimised.  This was done in
the 10.4.8 update the MacOS X and there is now no benefit (and much
pain) using ATLAS or other BLAS versions.  The configure script
should find the Apple framework without trouble.

Bill Northcott