[R-SIG-Mac] [BioC] Mac os x graphviz-Rgraphviz problem

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon Feb 5 17:11:27 CET 2007

Li.Long at isb-sib.ch writes:

> Hi,
>
> A note regarding lib paths for graphviz:  (based on my own installations)
>
> .../graphviz-2.8/lib: /graphviz/{libgvc.so, etc}
>                       /pkconfig
> .../graphviz-2.12/lib: libgvc.so, etc.
>                       /graphviz/{libgvplugin_* , etc)
>                       /pkconfig
>
> For 2.8, it's sufficient to have
>          .../graphviz-2.8/lib/graphviz
> in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  While for 2.12, I've got to (manually) add
>          .../graphviz-2.12/lib
> to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH to make libgvc.so visible to the loader.
>
> This is probably where the path was not set quite right for graphviz
> 2.12.

Just a note regarding the install location change between graphviz 2.8
and 2.12... In the devel version of Rgraphviz, the configure script
has been patched to detect these and do the right thing (worked in my
testing, but confirmation would be great).

Also, for the OS X users, you don't get to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but
instead DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH.

+ seth