[R-SIG-Mac] Updating packages crash

Ken Beath kjbeath at kagi.com
Wed Dec 26 08:06:22 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm having trouble updating packages. Scenario is I've selected
Package Installer with CRAN (binaries), a single package, then
'Install Selected' and I get the following error.

trying URL 'http://cran.au.r-project.org/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/2.6/fSeries_260.72.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-tar' length 164519 bytes (160 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 160 Kb

  *** caught bus error ***
address 0x20, cause 'non-existent physical address'

Traceback:
  1: unlink(instPath, recursive = TRUE)
  2: unpackPkg(foundpkgs[okp, 2], foundpkgs[okp, 1], lib,
installWithVers)
  3: .install.macbinary(pkgs = pkgs, lib = lib, contriburl =
contriburl,     method = method, available = available, destdir =
destdir,     installWithVers = installWithVers, dependencies =
dependencies)
  4: install.packages(c("fSeries"), lib = "/Library/Frameworks/
R.framework/Resources/library/",     contriburl =
contrib.url(getOption("repos"), "mac.binary"),     type =
"mac.binary", dependencies = TRUE)

Possible actions:
1: abort (with core dump, if enabled)
2: normal R exit
3: exit R without saving workspace
4: exit R saving workspace

I have tried other mirrors and also 'Update All'

Ken