[R-SIG-Mac] font size in mtext

Ken Beath kjbeath at kagi.com
Thu Dec 20 05:28:49 CET 2007

On 20/12/2007, at 2:55 PM, David Kaplan wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> I have created a set of plots on one page.  Each plot has a ylab and
> xlab and I am using mtext to label the entire set of plots.  The
> problem is the fontsizes are very small.  I tried using ps= for each
> plot, but that didn't seem to work.  The problem is I am saving this
> plot as a .pdf file and bringing into a LaTeX document.  The font
> sizes need to be much bigger.  How is that done?

The cex parameter to mtext will change the size of its text, values
greater than 1 are an increase.

cex.axis and cex.lab change the size of the axis scale and axis label,
these can be either in the par statement or in the plot. The axis
labels may then need to be shifted slightly. I think there is a
parameter for this, and it will be in the help on par.

Sometimes plotting into a small page using the width and height
parameters to postscript will make the plots look better.

Ken