[R-SIG-Mac] Does preprocessCore do ppc64?

Loren Engrav engrav at u.washington.edu
Thu Dec 13 16:29:38 CET 2007

I tried
 options(arch="ppc64") in Rprofile
and seems to have worked, I think R.app is ppc64 in Leopard

But affy will not load as requires preprocessCore

Library(preprocessCore) returns

Error in dyn.load(file, ...) :
  unable to load shared library
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/preprocessCore/libs/ppc/p
reprocessCore.so':

dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/preprocessCore/libs
/ppc/preprocessCore.so, 5): Library not loaded:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.6/Resources/lib/libgfortran.2.dyl
ib
  Referenced from:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/preprocessCore/libs/ppc/pr
eprocessCore.so
  Reason: image not found
Error in library(preprocessCore) : .First.lib failed for 'preprocessCore'

I check libs in preprocessCore and find i386 and ppc, no ppc64

Does this mean preprocessCore as it stands does not do ppc64? Or I am
getting the wrong one? Or I must build 64bit? Or?

The original thread is in Bio but this seems like a Mac specific question

Thank you

--
Loren Engrav
Univ Washington