[R-SIG-Mac] FAQ? Mac distributed/multiple processor solutions?

Richard Pearson richard.pearson at postgrad.manchester.ac.uk
Tue Dec 4 12:23:13 CET 2007

Hi Rob

You might want to look at the snow package. This can be used either with
Rmpi or without (using socket connections). I've successfully used this
for speeding up things on multi-node clusters, and also on a single
multi-core mac. I've included some brief instructions on getting things
working in chapter 6 of the user guide for my (bioconductor) package
puma - hope this helps!

Richard.