[R-SIG-Mac] File.choose()

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue Aug 21 13:24:03 CEST 2007

Keith Jones wrote:
> Hi Y'all,
>
> Is there a way to tell the file.choose() command to look in a
> directory other that the current working directory or the last
> directory that was used to open or store a file?

You don't say what platform you're on.  The comments below apply to Windows.

Choose.files() has more options.  For example,

choose.files("c:/temp/*.*", multi=F)

is something close to file.choose() in the c:/temp directory.

> I have created an
> automatic scripting file that performs calculations and stores the
> graphical results in PDF files.  Since these PDF files may not be
> saved in the same directory as the previous one I would like to
> automate the directory that the save dialog box opens to.
>
> Part Two:  Is there a way to determine the size of the dialog box
> that opens?  My dialog box opens in a very small size and I have to
> resize it or do a lot of scrolling.

No, that's something Windows controls.  There are ways to change it, but
that's not a normal thing to do in Windows applications.

Duncan Murdoch