[R-SIG-Mac] R for Mac GUI

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Sat Aug 18 17:51:33 CEST 2007

On Aug 17, 2007, at 7:36 PM, Nathan Paxton wrote:

> 	Simon,
>
> 	Thanks for the reply.
>
> 	I can see that the problem is harmless. So that's one thing not to
> worry about.
>
> 	I have GUI version 1.20 (4535), which I assume is what came with
> 2.5.1. I'm a little hesitant to test nightlies, to be honest.  is
> this fixed in the 4746 (which I assume is a newer version)?

Yes, it was fixed in 4532.

As of nightlies, there is no reason to be worried, they are bugfix
versions only, large development is done in a separate branch, so the
nightlies are in most cases more stable than the release - it's very
much like R-patched. Besides, you can run the GUI just from the image
(or anywhere else), so you can have as many parallel versions of the
GUI as you wish, so there is really no need to worry.

> -N
> On 17 Aug 2007, at 5:53 PM, Simon Urbanek wrote:
>
>> Nathan,
>>
>> please read the list before posting (no excuses, the relevant post
>> is the first hit in Google ... ;)) this has been fixed a while ago
>> (and the post explains the details as of when you can still see
>> it). Also it is in general a good idea to test the most recent
>> version before reporting bugs (and please state the exact version
>> of the GUI).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Simon
>>

>> On Aug 17, 2007, at 1:18 PM, Nathan Paxton wrote:
>>
>>> 	All,
>>>
>>> 	When I startup R 2.5.1 on my PB G4 OS X 10.4.10, I get the
>>> following
>>> message: