[R-SIG-Mac] font configuration unstable

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Apr 25 20:55:58 CEST 2007

On Apr 25, 2007, at 1:39 PM, Chip Stewart wrote:

> My R.app (R 2.4.1 GUI 1.18 (4038)) console and internal editor
> changed themselves to use an unreadable tiny font following an R
> crash yesterday.  The Format/Font dialog can make temporary changes
> to  larger fonts, but subsequent actions (including rebooting and/
> or restarting R.app) return to the unreadable tiny fonts. Is there
> an editable system file (Rprofile?)  that can use used to set the
> console  and editor font size?

The font size in R.app is determined by the Font->Bigger (<Cmd><+>),
Font->Smaller (<Cmd><->) actions. That is the only setting saved
across sessions. Pressing <Cmd><+> a few times should get you back to
a readable size.

This handling is rather historical (it comes from the previous GUI
where that was the only way to change the font), but no one cared to
come up with something better yet ;).