[R-SIG-Mac] Problems when R quits

Kate kateturner64 at mac.com
Sun Apr 8 20:37:32 CEST 2007

Dear List,

I have begun to have problems with R when I try and quit. I receive the following message whether or not I choose to save the workspace image. I am running R version 2.4.1 on OSX version 10.4.9.

> q()
Save workspace image? [y/n/c]: y
Error in .Last() : could not find function "finalizeSession"

The onlt way I can exit R is to force a quit.

I have tried uninstalling R and reloading from scratch; however I'm not sure that I am doing this correctly.   I couldn't find an uninstaller so I deleted the

R.app in the applications
R.framework in the library framework package
The packages in the receipts.

The new R does not have all the packages my old version had when I start it up, but it is loading a restored workspace.

I have tried reinstalling twice now and I get the same error message when I try and quit.

Does anyone know what it is I need to do to get the program to save correctly?

Many Thanks,

Kate