[R-SIG-Mac] RSwitch - making it easier to test pre-release versions of R

Rob J Goedman goedman at mac.com
Wed Sep 20 16:51:55 CEST 2006

Thanks Simon,

On Sep 19, 2006, at 4:59 PM, Simon Urbanek wrote:

> Rob,
>
> On Sep 19, 2006, at 7:30 PM, Rob J Goedman wrote:
>
>> Could another way of using RSwitch be between two identical
>> versions of R, i.e. what triggers the list that shows up?
>>

> It is simply the list of directories in /Library/R.framework/Versions

That was the 1st thing I tried, but a newly created, empty directory
does not do the trick (show up in the list, it wouldn't really work
of course). Duplicating an existing version branch does work though,
so in the future I'll create a copy just before populating a newly
installed version branch.

Thanks again,
Rob