[R-SIG-Mac] built-in editor underlining

Julin Maloof jnmaloof at ucdavis.edu
Tue Sep 19 06:42:48 CEST 2006

Simon et al.,

I've really been enjoying the R.app editor and its constant
improvements, thanks for the great work!    In fact I have mostly
switched from ESS to the built-in editor.

Since this seems to have turned into a "suggestions for improvement"
thread, I thought I would add my two cents worth.  Three features from
ESS that I really miss are 1) the ability to highlight a region of code
and comment/uncomment all of it with one command; 2) true automatic
indentation; 3) pretty formatting (indenting/tabbing) of comments.

With regards to other issues that have been brought up, I am strongly in
favor of the documents remaining text-only, and I also would prefer if
formatting attributes were not preserved when pasting in formatted text
from another source.

Please do not take these as complaints, but rather one users suggestions
for improvements...

Cheers,

Julin

--