[R-SIG-Mac] splots -- new package announcement

Steven McKinney smckinney at bccrc.ca
Thu Sep 14 21:23:46 CEST 2006

Forwarding to r-sig-mac

Anyone else have problems with
the Quartz graphics display generated
from R.app, running the example from
new package 'splots' ?

Details below.

-----Original Message-----
From: bioc-devel-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch on behalf of Steven McKinney
Sent: Wed 9/13/2006 12:21 PM
To: Oleg Sklyar; bioc-devel at stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: Re: [Bioc-devel] splots -- new package announcement

Hi Oleg,

As I have some 96 well plate data to look at
right now, I downloaded your package.

Unfortunately I am having trouble on
Mac OS X 10.4.7 and Rapp 2.3.1

If I run your example,

> data(splots.screen)
> plotScreen(screen, 3)

I get a Quartz screen with 12 grey
rectangles, subtitled 'datasetnn',
(nn = 1, 2, ... 12)
all white otherwise.

If I resize the screen, I briefly see coloured
rectangles within the grey borders, but then white
returns and all is blank.

I also tried printing to a PDF file, which worked
properly, so I can at least do that.

Anyone have similar problems with other plots?
Is this an Rapp/Quartz issue only?  Have I set up
something inappropriately?

Any insights appreciated.

> version
               _
platform       powerpc-apple-darwin8.6.0
arch           powerpc
os             darwin8.6.0
system         powerpc, darwin8.6.0
status
major          2
minor          3.1
year           2006
month          06
day            01
svn rev        38247
language       R
version.string Version 2.3.1 (2006-06-01)

Steven McKinney

Statistician
Molecular Oncology and Breast Cancer Program
British Columbia Cancer Research Centre

email: smckinney at bccrc.ca

tel: 604-675-8000 x7561

BCCRC