[R-SIG-Mac] Minor updates to R.app

Rob J Goedman goedman at mac.com
Wed Sep 13 20:00:12 CEST 2006

Hi,

About a week ago a couple of updates have been committed for R.app
(rev 3698):

*	The save.On.Exit  setting is now in the startup preference panel.
Some very
	minor localization still needs to be finished
*	If save.On.Exit is set to 'NO' or NO is answered after asking,
history is still saved
*	Prevent loading of .RData from user home dir if working dir is set
differently
*	Show which .RData is loaded.

Note that .RData is **never** read if you start R through drag&drop
of a file
or directory on the R icon or by using 'open -a R.app dir_or_file'.

Today's nightly build (rev 3770) will contain a few more changes:

*	R.app now recognizes an image file when started by drag&drop
*	Fixed a bunch of cases where I saw old popup windows popup
	again (and hang around!) if a cmd was executed through AppleScript,
	e.g. from an external editor such as TextMate.

Please let me know which popup window pops up if you notice other cases.

Thanks,
Rob