[R-SIG-Mac] RSwitch - making it easier to test pre-release versions of R

stefano iacus stefano.iacus at unimi.it
Wed Sep 13 17:25:14 CEST 2006

We discussed this in the past and now you remind me the point with
the announcement of this nice utility.
I know it can be for this release (I'm just writing it here as a
memo) but this might be considered as a feature request:

it would be nice to include RSwitch inside R.app with a panel showing
which versions of the Framework are compatible with the particular
version of R.app currently running (probably not too much variability
though). The selected version would be used at next start of R.app
(like when you choose OS X system disk for next boot) and of course a
"restart now" button would be nice as well.

The restart button is something I really miss in daily use,
independently from the above feature request.

stefano