[R-SIG-Mac] missing symbols in build of Mac-GUI?

Kevin B. Hendricks kevin.hendricks at sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 5 23:48:24 CEST 2006

Hi,

I used svn to check out today's r-devel tree (2.5.0 unstable) and
then the following command to get the latest Mac-GUI  based on a
response in the archives for this list.

svn co https://svn.r-project.org/R-packages/trunk/Mac-GUI

I was able to configure and build R properly (following along from
the MacOSX FAQ on www.r-project.org.

I then tried to build Mac-GUI and found that I was missing 2 symbols:

_R_addCallRoutine
_getBaseDllInfo

I tracked these down to Rdynload.c in src/main but saw that
R_addCallRoutine was defined as static (and so was not exported) and
getBaseDllInfo was protected by an ifdef UNUSED

So I assume the version of Mac-GUI I checked out via svn today was
too old to work with todays r-devel checkout.

Is there a newer version of Mac-GUI source that will build with
today's svn checkout of r-devel/R?

If so, what svn command would I use to get it.

Thanks!

Kevin