[R-SIG-Mac] snow cluster - unable to open connection

Luke Tierney luke at stat.uiowa.edu
Mon Sep 4 16:25:00 CEST 2006

I don't see this on my Mac OS X setup (10.3.something).  I'm not at
the console so can't easily check my firewall settings.

The symptom suggests that a previous attempt to open a server socket
on port 600011 has not been cleanly completed.  You might check with
netstat whether there is any information on this. As long as the
processes are no longer around this usually clears itself within a few
minutes.

I would follow Sean's suggestions on isolating this; also try your
initial machine both as localhost and by its IP address or name to try
to get it through the network interface.

Best,

luke