[R-SIG-Mac] Installation failed to install GUI

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Sun Oct 29 04:43:08 CET 2006

On Oct 28, 2006, at 8:00 PM, Bob Harris wrote:

>> You may want to check the status line to tell you why it won't
>> let  you install it. If in doubt, check the installer log.
>
> Sounds like a good idea.  I did not notice a status line while I
> was installing.  Is it in the installer log?
> Could you tell me where I could find the installer log?

Menu "Window" -> "Installer Log". You may possibly want to select
"Show Everything" at the bottom.

> Anyway, re-installing again today got me past the panel that
> previously halted me and I was able to install the GUI.
>
> I'm still interested in figuring out why it stopped me yesterday,
> in case I run into that problem again.  Where are the status line
> and installer log?

The log, see above, what I refer to as status line is the line at the
bottom showing the reason for failure of a selected volume.

However, I checked both in the Tiger version of installer, so I'm not
sure if exactly the same exists in the Panther Installer (I don't
have a Panther machine anymore), so your mileage may vary.