[R-SIG-Mac] Editor line-editing blank lines

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Oct 9 17:07:02 CEST 2006

Roberto,

On Oct 9, 2006, at 10:46 AM, Roberto Osorio wrote:

> In the built-in edtor, if I try to recall previous commands for
> editing, using the up arrow key, the edtor creates blank lines
> below the previous command, so the cursor position moves up in the
> editing window.

I'm somehow lost. Can you, please, describe exactly what you do?
First, do you mean the console (i.e. editing on the R prompt) or the
editor (editing R code in a separate window)? I'm not quite sure how
to recall previous commands in the editor... (arrows just move the
cursor, right?). In the console I don't see any lines adding up,
either. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I'm can't seem to find
out what...

Thanks,
Simon