[R-SIG-Mac] gcc 4.2 and the Accelerate framework

Kjell Konis konis at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 3 18:19:31 CEST 2006

In case you hadn't noticed, the 10.4.8 update "Adds support on Intel-
based Macs for multiple cores to LAPACK and BLAS routines in the
Accelerate framework; the maximum number of threads used by
Accelerate BLAS routines is now limited by the environment variable
VECLIB_MAXIMUM_THREADS; addresses an issue with some complex BLAS
routines in the Accelerate framework that were encountering an
illegal instruction." (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?
artnum=304200)

I would like to try it out but currently I have gcc 4.2 installed.
Can I build R with gcc 4.2 and link it against the Accelerate
framework or do I still need to build with gcc 4.0?

Kjell