[R-SIG-Mac] Mac OS X and R - tcl/tk, BWidget and Tktable

stefano iacus stefano.iacus at unimi.it
Mon Oct 2 18:33:47 CEST 2006

These infos I prepared on July 05 for some Bioc users worked at that
time, of course you should take the latest versions of the packages.
But the idea is that one package should be built from source and the
other one just moved in the appropriate folder of your system.
stefano

download BWidget from
once you get the archive BWidget-1.7.0.tar.gz move it to /usr/local/
lib and install it with

sudo mv /some_download_path/BWidget-1.7.0.tar.gz /usr/local/lib
cd /usr/loca/lib
sudo tar zxf BWidget-1.7.0.tar.gz

and you are done.

download Tktable from
and get Tktable2.9.tar.gz

now you need Apple Dev tools installed to continue:
tar zxf Tktable2.9.tar.gz
cd Tktable2.9
./configure
make
sudo make install

now it works in R

If you don't have dev tools installed I can send you a copy of
Tktable built (80k).