[R-SIG-Mac] Mac OS X and R - tcl/tk, BWidget and Tktable

Ingo i.helbig at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Oct 2 16:10:04 CEST 2006

I still have the problem I outlined earlier.  I am trying to run R
2.3.1 on OS X 10.4.7 in order to use a package called affylmGUI.  I
have to start X11 in in order to initialise the tcltk package, but
when I start the affylmGUI, the extensions BWidget and Tktable aren't
found.  I have installed them several times using the
TclTkAquaBI-8.4.10.0, but it won't work.  I know that there are some
problems with X11 and Aqua, but how can I get around that.  Even when
I run R from the X11 terminal, it won't find the extensions (same
error message)

What should I do?

Ingo