[R-SIG-Mac] Problem loading RSQLite

Allan Hollander numenius at magpienest.org
Mon Nov 20 04:43:26 CET 2006

I've been trying to get RSQLite working and have run into a
difficulty. This is on a iBook G3 running Mac OS 10.4.8, using the
CRAN binary of R 2.4.0, and with the binary of RSQLite 0.4-13. I get
the same problem with both the RSQLite binary from CRAN and the one
from the http://R.research.att.com/ repository. I have no problems
installing the binary but when I try to load it I get the following
error:

 > library(RSQLite)
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
	unable to load shared library '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/
Versions/2.4/Resources/library/RSQLite/libs/ppc/RSQLite.so':
   dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.4/Resources/
library/RSQLite/libs/ppc/RSQLite.so, 6): Symbol not found:
_sqlite3_db_handle
   Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.4/
Resources/library/RSQLite/libs/ppc/RSQLite.so
   Expected in: dynamic lookup
Error in library(RSQLite) : .First.lib failed for 'RSQLite'

Can anyone offer a fix for this? Searching through the R-SIG-Mac
archives I seen references to similar errors with other packages
(e.g. the thread here https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2006-
September/003263.html) but have yet to see a solution.

Thanks, Allan Hollander