[R-SIG-Mac] copy/paste problems

stefano iacus stefano.iacus at unimi.it
Mon Nov 13 16:27:24 CET 2006

I've experienced this in the past as well.
What I've noticed (although not able to reproduce anything now) is
that this problem occurs in the definition of a function or when
there is a for-loop. I mean in between { } in such two cases.
It is like some escape char is passed to (or by) the Terminal.app and
the R parser raise an error.

I think Simon is right. Could you try to copy and paste to R from
xterm shell ? (X11.app, new terminal and then paste)

Another test: try to copy and paste from a different editor to see if
it always happens at the same line.

stefano

On 13/nov/06, at 23:45, Christoph Hofer wrote:

> Dear Simon
>
> I think the problem is in R (or how I configured it). If  i open an
> Terminal
> i can paste so many lines i want. But when i start R the the number of
> the lines is limited.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Christoph
>
> Am 13.11.2006 um 15:29 schrieb Simon Urbanek:
>

>> On Nov 13, 2006, at 5:28 AM, Christoph Hofer wrote:
>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I have the following problem:
>>>
>>> I installed R by source (version 2.3.1, OS X 10.4.8)
>>>
>>> ./configure --with-blas=-framework vecLib --with-tcltk --with-lapack
>>> --with-x --enable-R-shlib --enable-R-framework --with-readline --
>>> with-
>>> aqua