[R-SIG-Mac] RMySQL install failure

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri Nov 3 17:25:02 CET 2006

Ricardo,

On Nov 2, 2006, at 5:23 PM, Ricardo Rodríguez - Your EPEC ICT Team
wrote:

> As for last Simon's message in this sam thread, please, does it
> mean that the problem rely in the RMySQL available release at CRAN?

No, my message was saying two things:
1) you don't need to go through all this at all - just get the
binary, i.e. run
install.packages("RMySQL")
if that doesn't work with your mirror (because it's not in sync yet),
use
install.packages("RMySQL",,"http://r.research.att.com/")
Before my post the binary was not available due to a problem on my
build machine, but the source was available and working.

2) if you insist on building RMySQL from sources, make sure the
PKG_xx flags are set correctly (see the reference I gave), you have
installed gcc 4.0.3 that comes with R and the latest Xcode tools.