[R-SIG-Mac] R multi-cpu and 64 bit

Luke Tierney luke at stat.uiowa.edu
Fri Nov 3 05:31:38 CET 2006

I hope in the next month or two to start looking into using multiple
threads in R's vectorized arithmetic system on multiprocessor systems.
Preliminary experiments suggest that this might be useful for some of
the more intensive functions in the math library, but It's not yet
clear whether this will pay off enough to warrant reorganizations that
might be needed -- we should know more before too long.

Best,

luke