[R-SIG-Mac] grDevices won't load

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon May 29 00:35:42 CEST 2006

On May 28, 2006, at 6:31 PM, Simon Urbanek wrote:

> On May 27, 2006, at 6:54 PM, Steven McCarroll wrote:
>

>> Installed R (2.4.0) on new dual-G5 Mac (OS X 10.4.4),
>
> Please  be more specific as how how you installed it. I have just
> tested the nightly binary and it doesn't show this behavior, so I
> have no idea where you installed it from.
>
> At this point I can only speculate - the error below usually means
> that you are using an incompatible mix of compilers (gfortran that
> doesn't match the other gcc parts).

Just in case that doesn't help and you installed multiple versions of
R - another hypothesis is that you may have the wrong version of R
marked as current -
ls -l /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/Current
should be showing 2.4, otherwise you're in trouble. (For the record -
there is no R 2.4.0 - only R-devel which is 2.4.0-to-be).