[R-SIG-Mac] Outdated links to the Bioconductor repos in R.app

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu May 25 02:16:01 CEST 2006

Herve Pages <hpages at fhcrc.org> writes:

> Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:
>>> I don't. There may be others as well... I'd rather BioC
>>> packages be kept separate from CRAN packages in the
>>> listing...
>>
>> I second that. While I am indifferent to what goes on under the hood,
>> the Gui (as it stands right now) should only list Bioconductor
>> packages when selecting either "Bioconductor (sources)" or
>> "Bioconductor (binaries)".
>
> OK so ideally the GUI should use 2 sets of repos:
>
>   - one for _displaying_ the list of Bioconductor packages:
>
>       http://bioconductor.org/packages/bioc
>       http://bioconductor.org/packages/data/annotation
>       http://bioconductor.org/packages/data/experiment
>       http://bioconductor.org/packages/omegahat
>       http://bioconductor.org/packages/lindsey

For display purposes in a listing that will be presented to users in
the GUI, it would make more sense to me to present three separate bioc
repository listings:
 Bioc software
 Bioc annotation
 Bioc experiment

The annotation repository contains 636 packages (!)
The experiment data repository is small, but expected to grow to the
100's of packages in the near future.

+ seth