[R-SIG-Mac] Outdated links to the Bioconductor repos in R.app

Herve Pages hpages at fhcrc.org
Thu May 25 01:40:58 CEST 2006

Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:
>> I don't. There may be others as well... I'd rather BioC
>> packages be kept separate from CRAN packages in the
>> listing...
>
> I second that. While I am indifferent to what goes on under the hood,
> the Gui (as it stands right now) should only list Bioconductor
> packages when selecting either "Bioconductor (sources)" or
> "Bioconductor (binaries)".

OK so ideally the GUI should use 2 sets of repos:

  - one for _displaying_ the list of Bioconductor packages:

      http://bioconductor.org/packages/bioc
      http://bioconductor.org/packages/data/annotation
      http://bioconductor.org/packages/data/experiment
      http://bioconductor.org/packages/omegahat
      http://bioconductor.org/packages/lindsey

    NB: Note that having omegahat and lindsey will help to prevent
    questions like "Hey my package xxx says it depends on SSOAP but
    I don't see SSOAP in the list and it's not in CRAN neither!".
    Having omegahat and lindsey adds less than 10 packages anyway...

  - one for _installing_ the selected packages:

      same as above + http://cran.fhcrc.org

And the installation should be done with 'dep=TRUE'.

Is that OK with you Mac OS X GUI maintainers?
Thanks in advance!

Best,

H.

--