[R-SIG-Mac] help2man problem installing R-2.3.0 from source

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed May 17 04:12:06 CEST 2006

Michael,

thanks for tracking this down, excellent work!
The reason for CRAN R binary working is simply that it uses GNU
readline instead of Apple's libedit (which is disguised as readline
btw).  A simple work-around is therefore to install GNU readline (see
the R for Mac OS X FAQ for details, don't forget -DNEED_EXTERN_PC).

I think I may be able to reproduce this on my laptop, I'll try that
tomorrow and see if I can fix it.