[R-SIG-Mac] rgraphviz again

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Sat Mar 18 01:45:25 CET 2006

Julin Maloof <jnmaloof at ucdavis.edu> writes:
> 1) I note that there is a binary of Rgraphviz now available.  Is
>    that usable?  And if so, where is it expecting graphviz to be
>    installed?  when I try it with graphviz installed in either /usr
>    or /usr/local I get

I think Simon is the one building the Rgraphviz binary so he might be
able to shed some light on where it is expected to work (with which
version of R and whether a graphviz lib is required or not).

> 2) I have also tried installing Rgraphviz from source.  In that case I get
>
>>> Sys.putenv(LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib/graphviz")
>> trying URL 'http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/bioc/stable/src/contrib/Rgraphviz_1.8.0.tar.gz'
>> Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 1666191 bytes
>> opened URL
>> downloaded 1627Kb
>>
>> * Installing *source* package 'Rgraphviz' ...
>> checking for graphviz...
>> The downloaded packages are in
>> 	/private/tmp/RtmpK9aZCF/downloaded_packages
>> checking for dotneato-config... not found
>> checking for pkg-config... no

If you installed a recent graphviz, then there is no dotneat-config
script.  Instead, for the autoconf tools to work, you need the
pkg-config program installed and PKG_CONFIG_PATH set appropriately
(/blah/lib/pkgconfig).

But it should also work to pass the --with-graphviz configure option.
Something like:

R CMD INSTALL --configure-args='--with-graphviz=/blah/graphviz' \
    Rgraphviz_x.y.z.tar.gz

So I would try this first.  If you still are having troubles, report
back, but please include R version and how you installed, graphviz
version and how/where installed, Rgraphviz version, height, weight...

cheers,

+ seth