[R-SIG-Mac] rgraphviz again

Julin Maloof jnmaloof at ucdavis.edu
Fri Mar 17 09:30:13 CET 2006

Hello,

I know that graphviz has been covered a couple of times...I have read those posts and am still having trouble.

1) I note that there is a binary of Rgraphviz now available.  Is that usable?  And if so, where is it expecting graphviz to be installed?  when I try it with graphviz installed in either /usr or /usr/local I get

>> library(Rgraphviz)
> Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
> 	unable to load shared library '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/Rgraphviz/libs/Rgraphviz.so':
>   dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/Rgraphviz/libs/Rgraphviz.so, 6): Symbol not found: _agedgeattr
>   Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/Rgraphviz/libs/Rgraphviz.so
>   Expected in: flat namespace
> Error: .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'Rgraphviz'
> Error: package/namespace load failed for 'Rgraphviz'

2) I have also tried installing Rgraphviz from source.  In that case I get

>> Sys.putenv(LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib/graphviz")
> trying URL 'http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/bioc/stable/src/contrib/Rgraphviz_1.8.0.tar.gz'
> Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 1666191 bytes
> opened URL
> downloaded 1627Kb
>
> * Installing *source* package 'Rgraphviz' ...
> checking for graphviz...
> The downloaded packages are in
> 	/private/tmp/RtmpK9aZCF/downloaded_packages
> checking for dotneato-config... not found
> checking for pkg-config... no
> failed
> configure: error: please specify a valid path to 'dotneato-config' version >= 1.12 or 'pkg-config' if you have graphviz >= 2.4
> ./configure: line 1344: exit: using: numeric argument required
> ./configure: line 1344: exit: using: numeric argument required
> ERROR: configuration failed for package 'Rgraphviz'

The above make me wonder if I am not installing graphviz correctly.  I can't find 'dotneato-config' or 'pkg-config' anywhere either.

One of the previous posts makes reference to instructions on Stefano's page or the R Developers page.  Current R Developers links take me to cran and no info on graphviz...does such a page exist somewhere?

Any advice on what to try next or where to look for more info?

Thanks,

Julin

> version
         _