[R-SIG-Mac] tcltk

Joerg van den Hoff j.van_den_hoff at fz-rossendorf.de
Fri Jun 30 14:27:18 CEST 2006

acabana at usb.ve wrote:

> Hi!  I know I must not be the 1st to ask this but... why does
> tcltk not work with MAC OSX 10.4.6 / R 2.3.1 ?

I installed

Version 2.3.1 (2006-06-01)

only yesterday and Tk is working again. note, though, that this is the
X11 version, i.e. the Tk widgets pop up only if the X-server is running.

if one of the 'informed' guys is reading this by some chance, two questions:

1.
is their a canonical way to avoid installing Tk again (in the
R.framework??) and to use, instead, an already existing Tk? this was
beyond me during the last releases (where Tk actually did'nt work with
R, though it was running perfectly with other apps).

2.
would it be possible to use a OSX native (aqua) Tk lib as an alternative
to the X11 one? if yes, how?

regards,
joerg