[R-SIG-Mac] R-SIG-Mac Digest, Vol 40, Issue 16

Karl W Broman kbroman at jhsph.edu
Fri Jun 23 13:05:35 CEST 2006

On Jun 23, 2006, at 5:22 AM, stefano iacus wrote:

> Karl,
> this is something almost "impossible" (please not the quotes) to
> happen. The R GUI and the cmd line R version are the same R.
> Just an easy check: could you run sessionInfo() on both R with and
> without GUI?
> stefano

I would have thought so, and so I find this rather disturbing.
In both cases I get the following:

 > sessionInfo()
Version 2.3.1 (2006-06-01)
i386-apple-darwin8.6.1

attached base packages:
[1] "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"
"datasets"  "base"

other attached packages:
   broman      qtl
"0.13-1" "1.03-3"

If I detach all of the packages except "stats" and "base", I still
have the
same problem.

On Jun 23, 2006, at 4:43 AM, Joerg van den Hoff wrote:

> by-the-by: the model is no good for the data: the exponential term is
> completely unidentifiable in the data  which essentially follow a
> straight line (the result for `d' of 400% std. dev. shows this as
> well).

Right; I included just a bit of data that showed the problem.

Regards,
karl